Not being able to take the smouldering stares any longer, we have taken over the kitchen to finally bake some treats that are all for the doggies (they are still all human ingredients, though, so hands off!).
With us human's being very fussy about what we put into our bodies, we thought it's good to know exactly what is going into our dogs treats too.
Taken from the book, Three Dog Bakery Cookbook and adapted to our own style, these barking bites are a great treat to cook up something yummy, and healthy for your furry companion (and there's obviously the fun of baking for you to enjoy too!).
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour (with naughty treats being the staple in our kitchen we didn't have any whole-wheat, it works just as well with plain!)
- 1tbs of baking powder
- 250g of PB (we only put in half, our pup may be slightly overweight and could do without the extra calories)
- 250ml of skimmed milk
- Preheat the oven to 160°
- Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add in the peanut butter and milk and mix it all well
- Lightly flour a surface and roll out the dough (exactly like you would do with normal biscuits)
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thick and cut out shapes (bones are best, but we only had gingerbread men!)
- Once the shapes are cut place them on a baking sheet for 20 minutes, or until lightly brown
- Cool on a rack (don't give in to the puppy eyes watching you just yet!) and store in a container once a cool temperature
Let us know what you think of the recipe and we would be happy to upload some more! We would love to the pictures of your doggies enjoying their treats, tag us @thecraftyco :) x